Building Maintenance Operations
This division is responsible for maintaining 7.3M GSF of academic space, through the support of an annual academic maintenance budget of approximately $8.5M. We also provide $3M worth of billable services annually to other departments.
Bloomington, IN 47408
- 186 craftworkers in ten crafts and four zones.
- US Department of Labor registered Apprenticeships offered in all crafts when available.
- 54 craftworkers in Zone Maintenance.
- Standard zone personnel includes specialists in plumbing, heating, electric, refrigeration.
- Zone Map - the Bloomington campus is divided into three zones for maintenance services. See Zone Map here. Zone Map
Asbestos containing material abatement and maintenance.
Traditional carpentry work as well as lock shop, glass and upholstery shop.
Construction and maintenance, including motor repair and trouble shooting.
- Steam and hot water heating systems, pneumatic and electronic environmental controls, pump and air compressor maintenance.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration equipment maintenance.
- Plumbing: Maintenance and construction, swimming pool maintenance and backflow prevention.
- Interior and exterior building painting.
Custom signs, banners, posters, standard template signs, award plaques, name plates, parking signs, and building signs. See Sign Catalog.
Metal fabrication, welding, roofing and gutter maintenance, small boiler and furnace maintenance.