Landscape Services handles grounds maintenance, tree care, snow removal, and landscaping.
Creating a safe and beautiful campus
Reporting safety issues
Call 812-855-8728 to report campus building exterior or grounds safety concerns, such as fallen trees or limbs, sidewalks in need of repair, or snow/ice removal needs.
Landscape Services manages
Landscape Services maintains green space and hard surface, including:
- Tree trimming, removal, and maintenance
- Snow removal
- Parking lot cleanup, striping, patching, and bumper block replacement
- Mowing, trimming, and edging
- Grass seeding and aerifying
- Trash and tree limb pickup and leaf removal
- Watering, weeding, cultivating, and fertilizing
- Pruning, mulching, and chipping
Landscape Services is responsible for these landscaping needs:
- Installation of landscape material for construction projects
- Nursery operation, including planting and/or replacing trees and annual flower and mum production
- Flower planting, including spring and fall bulbs, annuals, and mums
- Installation of holiday swags and wreaths
- Campus beautification projects
Landscape Services removes snow and ice from approximately 21 miles of streets and over 56 miles of sidewalks and steps on campus, as well as all university parking lots.
To report snow-related issues, call 812-855-8728.
Landscape Services staff includes full-time, ISA-certified arborists who are responsible for all tree care, cabling, pruning, and safety assessments.