Submit a Request

Requesting assistance from Facility Operations

Facility Operations handles a wide range of requests for services on the IU Bloomington campus—from routine building maintenance to grounds and landscaping.

There are different ways to submit requests depending on the type of service you need.


Request routine maintenance (non-residence hall)

For routine maintenance services not in residence halls, submit a maintenance work request (CAS authentication required) or call the Operations Center at 812-855-8728. 

Please include the following information:

  • Your name, phone number, and campus address
  • Contact person (if different), phone number, and campus address
  • Building and room number, and a description of the location (if outside)
  • Room type/availability
  • Account number (if applicable)
  • Description of the problem

Residence Hall concerns - Bloomington campus only

To report a concern at a residence hall on the Bloomington campus, please contact Residential Programs and Services (RPS) by using the student contact form or the non-student contact form.

Student residence hall maintenance/trouble call request

Non-student residence hall maintenance/trouble call request

What is considered routine maintenance?

Routine maintenance services may include repairs, general maintenance, custodial, installation of items attached to a building, building emergencies, moving and setups, grounds and landscape, snow and ice removal, heat/air conditioning, temperature controls, paint, plumbing, fabrication, masonry, carpentry, elevators, and fire controls.

Submit a maintenance work request

Report a building or grounds safety concern

To report concerns about the exterior of buildings or grounds on the Bloomington campus, including items such as campus lights not working, sidewalks in need of repair, or fallen trees and limbs, use the exterior safety/maintenance request form or call the Operations Center at 812-855-8728. 

Note: Anyone, including campus visitors, may submit an exterior safety/maintenance request.

Submit an exterior safety/maintenance request

Request furniture or building design and construction services

For furniture or building design and construction requests, please visit the Capital Planning and Facilities Submit a Request page.

Check out a key

To check out a key, you must make the request in person at the Service Building (2901 East Discovery Parkway in Bloomington) by filling out a key check out request form.

The online PDF form is no longer available. You still need permission from the IU project manager to receive a key. Contractors must have the IU project name, IU project number, and IU project manager’s (IU Capital Projects, Construction Management, Engineering, Facility Operations staff) contact information to fill out the form.

Call the Service Center at 812-855-8728 with questions.