The Building Maintenance unit within Facility Operations performs building repairs, maintenance, and small construction projects.
Maintaining IU buildings
Building Maintenance includes
Building Maintenance staffs a lock shop, and shops for glass and upholstery, in addition to providing traditional carpentry work.
To request a key, please visit the Operations Center in the Service Building, or contact the Operations Center at 812-855-8728.
Building Maintenance provides electrical services on small construction projects, general maintenance and troubleshooting, and general motor repair.
Building Maintenance services these systems:
- Steam and hot water heating systems
- Pneumatic and electronic environmental controls
- Pump and air compressors
- Air conditioning and refrigeration equipment
- Plumbing, including construction and general maintenance
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Backflow prevention
Building Maintenance handles interior and exterior building painting, as well as refinishing.
Building Maintenance provides metal fabrication, welding, and maintenance for roofing, gutters, small boilers, and furnaces.
Building Maintenance creates custom signs, banners, posters, and plaques. Learn more about the full range of services offered by our sign shop.
Building Maintenance provides these services for small construction projects:
- Hard surface installation and repairs of sidewalks, stone walls, curbs, retaining walls, brick walkways, patios, and other site furnishings
- Installation and removal of playground equipment
- Bicycle parking implementation and maintenance
- Masonry services, including blue stone, benches, and signature bricks
- Stamped pattern concrete, specialty stone, and concrete projects